Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back to reality, out of the bayou.

Well, as much as I loved my mini Christmas vacation, I am glad to be back home. 

Before we left, I had started organizing and rearranging my house, and as silly as this sounds, I was happy to be back to continue working on it. The first day back, I was pretty much useless, but as the week has progressed, I find my house looking a little more amazing. My mother in law got me some awesome candles, so as I finish cleaning a room, I put a smelly good candle in there to complete the room. So far, I have tackled Jade's disaster of a room, put everything in bins, and made room for her to play. Then, made the man cave look outstanding! Hubs was even surprised at how things looked! 

My sissy got me a wall organizer type type thing to put by the front door, and I have to say, it was one of my favorite presents! It fits so perfectly by my door! Plus, since I am on this organizing kick, it helps me out a ton. Love love love it. Ok, so I got J's room, the man cave, the entryway and the kitchen and pantry done. Oh, and I also finished the master bathroom closet. It looks lovely. I don't have much more to clean throughout the house, but I feel like this is a never ending job. It really tires me out. 

I had never seen so many swamps in my life, until we went to Baton Rouge for Christmas. I'm pretty sure all of Louisiana is a swamp. I thought people had over exaggerated that fact! We drove for miles and miles on a highway located on top of a swamp.. and people had their houses on stilts in case of flooding from the nearby swamps. We even passed a few houses that had to be reached by swamp boat. Oh, and not to mention, most of the convenient stores had alligator heads for sale. ....cuz I totally wanted one. No, seriously, I really did. Who else can say they have a freakin gator head?! I have to admit, I had a blast. It was surely an adventure. Now I can officially cross Louisiana off my list of places to go. <3 

Now, I get to step back into reality, finish organizing my house and finish studying for school. Its really sad, I have been so scared to take one of my finals, that I have put it off for 4 months. For one, the dang test is $375.00 and I dont wanna have to pay for it twice. Another thing, its an Excelsior exam which have the reputation of being crazy hard. So, stupid me googled the test, and people have said they failed and it was the hardest test ever....... and it scared me away. I should really lay off Web MD and Google. When I look on Wb MD, I usually diagnose myself with off the wall things. You type in your symptoms and the worst case scenario always comes up first. I'm pretty sure I have been near death 5 times already, had HIV, cancer and prostate failure (teehee, and Im a girl!) all thanks to Web MD. 

Anyway, I'm pretty tired and possibly car-lagged.. I can't possibly be jet lagged, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment