Sunday, January 8, 2012

M.I.A

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I assure you, I have missed blogging so much, I woke up "dream-blogging." Literally typing in the air. I've been trying to pick up a few extra shifts so I can finish paying off my debt and start sockin money into the savings. I am obsessed with the book, "Total Money Makeover." It's absolutely the most amazing book ever! It truly has opened my eyes to all my spending. Since I started reading, I have paid off 4 things. Yep. 4. I have a few more to go! So excited! 

Another reason for my absence, is that I have inherited my nephew. Well, semi-inherited. He sleeps at my house, and spends the day with his mom. They just moved back down here from Mississippi (thank goodness) and the place they are living is tight on space. So, I have my lil tooter booter here with me! He is 5, and so sweet! I have gotten use to him being here now, and on nights she decides to keep him with her, it feels weird. We have a morning and night routine! And, it feels weird when he isn't included in it. Him and Jaida have a brother/sister, love/hate thing going on. Its kinda funny. They annoy the crap outta each other when they are together, but she misses him and is bored to death when he is gone. Pretty sure she asks me about 50 times a day when he will be home. I love it. Him and Jade keep me laughing on a daily basis. 

Last night, they were getting ready for bed, and Jaida said, "Mommy, Aunt Teal brought Jacob a bunch of socks!" (Aunt Teal's real name is Chantyle, but when J was little, she could never say it, so she has always been Aunt Teal.) Jacob said, "Aunt Teal? Don't you mean Chantyle?!" And Jaida said, "Yeah, but I call her Aunt Teal." So, Jacob responds with, "Well... I call her mommy. ......and she answers. ...Because.... She's my mommy." 

Adorbs! 

And, Jaida is starting to rub off on him. See, my child is weird. She loves zombies, and monsters, and scary things. Plus, her dad is a gamer. What other kid in the world beats the game Plants Vs Zombies at age 4, by themselves?! Anyway, she has a sick obsession with zombies.. and now my poor nephew does as well. He told his mom today that he couldn't take off his jacket or he would turn into a zombie. ...yep. That would be my 6 yr olds influence. I'm not really sure what got her into the monster/zombie stage. When I was her age, I was scared of stuff like that. I liked pretty things. Jaida likes skulls, and Monster High dolls. haha Oh, and she LOVES to play Call of Duty: Black Ops, Zombie mode. She is really good at it too. 

Well, I guess I'm gonna go and get these kids to bed. It is 11:20pm. I'm a terrible parent. Maybe thats one of the reasons I decided to home school. No bed time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment