Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jade and the Beanstalk

Apparently I am not scientifically inclined. 

"Next time I'm getting daddy to help with my science experiments,"  Jaida told me after her second failed science project.

To be honest, the failed science projects were NOT my fault. Ok, maybe just a little, but I honestly have no idea what I did wrong. The first experiment, I'm not really sure what it was trying to explain, but it involved Sprite and hard spaghetti noodles. We did everything it said! We put the noodles in the cup, we added the sprite with food coloring and the noodles were suppose to float. Fail. They got soggy instead. Again, not sure what I did wrong. The directions seemed pretty self forward. 

The next experiment failure was the cats fault. We were learning about plants and how plants take water from their stems and deliver it to their leaves. So this experiment involved colored water and celery stalks. Everything was going fine until the cat got jealous of my affection toward the red celery stalk (since it had taken its lovely drinks of red water and turned slightly a pinkish red color) and he knocked it off my bar. It hit the floor, and the celery stalk was no more. Another failure.


So, this time, I honestly didn't expect much. We were doing an experiment with beans. One bag full of dry beans, another full of beans with a wet paper towel involved. Low and behold, my (I mean her, of course) experiment was a SUCCESS!! I was so excited, I took pictures. 

Jaida said the bean sprouts look like venus fly traps. Who cares what they look like! The experiment freakin worked! 

"I'm still having daddy help me next time. You are too excited over beans,"  Jaida said. "Next thing I know, you'll be trying to plant them to grow a beanstalk, which will not grow to give you a giant or a golden egg."



Proof of my amazing scientific skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment