Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chrim-urtain & A Dancing Queen

Ok, so hubbo and I have this "thing" about the holidays. For some reason, if I put up my Christmas tree BEFORE Thanksgiving, we get in some pretty huge fights. Never fails. It has happened year after year... I put the tree up, because I just CAN'T wait, and we fight. And, these are not fights over the tree, they are BIG fights. Fights that usually involve me going to stay with my mom a few days. And every year, I tell myself, next year, I will wait till AFTER Thanksgiving, but that is virtually impossible for me. I have no idea why. But it happened again this year. .....We fought. It's a never ending cycle.
This is how I know its the tree's fault; the one year I actually put it up the day after Thanksgiving, we had a PERFECT year. It is definitely the tree, I am convinced. Anyway, the tree didn't even know what was coming this year, as it lived a short life. My fat 17 lb cat decided to end our cycle of fighting and squish the tree. Literally. He broke my poor lil trees arms. They were ALL (yes, I said ALL) bent downwards. It was so bad, the ornaments just slid right off. It looked worse than the Charlie Brown tree. It started out soooo pretty!!






See?? 
I liked this years tree better than all the previous tree's we had ever decorated.  Fatness apparently did not share my feelings. 

So, now without a tree, and my closet space being limited, I hung a bow on my curtain and created my Chrim-urtain. haha I WAS gonna hang ornaments all over the curtain to be funny, but I didn't wanna take the chance of Royal Fatness messin that up too. He's a scrooge!!!! So, here is my Chrim-urtain:





I guess since we won't be in Texas for Christmas anyway, it works. I still miss my stinkin tree. Stupid Jesse James.


On a less tragic note, yesterday was my daughter's dance class. They are practicing for their recital. It is sooooo cute!  At first, I was pretty sure my daughter was the whitest, most nonrhythmic child alive, but compared to some of the girls in her class, she is a dancing queen. She is just so tall and lanky and not so graceful. It was funny watching her start! She has gotten so much better. I just love her teachers. Oh, did I mention she is in hip hop classes? She really loves it. She use to be in ballet and tap, but as I mentioned previously, she is the energizer bunny, and those classes were too slow and boring for her likings. I think its awesome, because she comes home and practices her dances. She cannot wait for her recital. I got to watch them work on their dance yesterday, and they all look so adorable!! They have come a LONG way from the first few hip hop classes. To be honest, I wasn't sure Jaida would make it, but she has surprised me! She got fitted for her recital outfit yesterday, and I got to see the outfits they will be wearing. It reminds me of 90's Hip hop. So adorbs!!

She will be in the pink jacket. How freakin cute is this?!

I'll be sure to post plenty of pics of her recital and her progress..  
She is getting so big, so fast! She is all about leg warmers these days. It was pretty chilly yesterday, and she insisted on wearing her dance shorts with leg warmers. She reminded me of a soccer player:




Anyway, I guess I better get going and finish her homeschooling. I told her I was only gonna be gone a second, and 30 minutes later, I'm still in the office.  Poor kid. 



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment