Saturday, December 17, 2011

Out of the mouth of a babe..

So lately, I've gotten really tickled at some things Jade has said. It seems in the past week, she has had me laughing more than ever. I love things kids say! So random!! It amazes me how much the pick up, and how much they remember. The other night, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. My hubs was steadily sittin there eating the peanuts, and Jaida got this disgusted look on her face. She finally spoke up and said, "You should really lay off the peanuts before you have a stroke."  Then, she turned to me and said, "He would look all gimpy, and half of his face would be all blah and hanging down, and the other half would be all happy saying LOOK AT ME!!!"  The look on her face during this conversation was priceless. She was so serious! I guess me being a nurse really has affected her. One time she told me her "urethra" hurt, and when I asked how she knew what a urethra was, she told me she remembered me studying "moo-moos" when I was in nursing school, and I had to label things, and I labeled "out loud" and she heard me stating parts. Then, she said she also knew what it was due to Hank Hill having a narrow urethra.  Unbelievable.

Today, we were doing our morning routines, and I had her in the bath while I was doing my hair and makeup. I heard her say, "Oh lord. It's happening again."  So I asked her what was happening, as I started at her through the mirror. She was looking at her hands and said, "well, it never fails. Every time I get in this dang water, my hands get red, then they turn all red and crusty."  Crusty?! How on earth do your hands get crusty J? So she points and shows me her "crusty" hands, which are wrinkled due to the water. She said, "Crusty, like old people get." Wow....  I tried to explain the difference between being crusty, and having wrinkles, and she waved me away and said they were pretty much the same thing. Ha. I dread getting old around her. I don't wanna get all crusty.

But, apparently I AM old and crusty, because as we were leaving for me to go to work, I looked over and saw my flowers had died and my lil garden had went capoot. So, I say, "Dang. I hope my flowers grow back. The cold weather has killed them."  And J tells me, "You should buy a flower blanket. OOO that gives me an idea, I'm going to invent something so we can retire and live fat off my millions. Oh wait, you are old and almost ready to retire anyway, so this won't really benefit you that much.... but it will me!!" Lil toot. I am not old. I am still in my 20's THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I may not have much of them left, but dangit, I'm still here! Although, I didn't really have much of a comeback to her lil comment... I just sat there and sulked a bit.

I have been pretty busy lately! I've been working a ton so that I can start paying off bills. That silly book has really motivated me to get rid of all my credit cards and my debt other than our house. My goal is to have the house paid off in 15 years. Wouldn't that be the best thing EVER? My goal for the next few months is to get rid of allllllll our debt other than car and house. My goal for the next year is to have the car paid off and sock extra money to the house. I use to be so good about not having credit cards, but in 2009 when I first started wanting a house, the bank we got our mortgage loan from said we needed some cards to help get our credit up, so we got a few. And, I never let them get maxed out, but I took their advice and never really paid them completely off either. I pay a little extra each month, but I always use the cards again so its a constant positive for our credit. I am officially done with credit cards. I am so glad my Aunt Polly showed me this amazing book. I truly have a plan now! I am determined to stick with it. I WILL meet my goals this next year!

Another thing I have started doing is organizing my house. I am not really sure why this sudden burst of organizational energy came from, but I figured, if I was organizing my finances, I needed to straighten out the chaos I call my home. So, the first thing I did was organize my pantry. I've started getting tons of cereal and cookies from my extreme couponing habit, and I never seemed to have enough room. There was just sooooo much stuffed crammed in there, and it always felt like a chore to go in there to find stuff. I wish I would have taken a "before" pic, but I was lazy and my phone was soooo far away. lol


But here is the AFTER pic!  Much better!!!  

I am honestly not sure how long it will stay like this, but I'm hoping it stays awhile. Jaida seemed to appreciate it. Now she knows exactly where her  pop tarts are. teehee. 

I also went and bought a lil wire shelving unit and some cute baskets for the man caves closet. That was the one area I dreaded cleaning the most. That thing was packed to the ceiling with my hubs electronic pieces. There were little bits of this, and little bits of that. Sheesh. It took me awhile, but by the end of the day, I had it in order. We have been in our house almost 2 years, and I was on a mission to rid our house of packing boxes. There were tons in his closet. I got rid of the big, bulky boxes, and put the things in baskets. He was impressed! He could actually see where his nintendo games were, and his computer wires, and his silly lil action figures. lol   They are tucked away all nice and pretty in baskets. I'm going to continue organizing, one room at a time till its done! Maybe this will motivate my daughter to keep things tidy.

Anyway, I guess I've been on here a lil too long. I realized I have missed most of my show, and I need to start making dinner for my little patient. Hope everyone had a great Saturday! Mine has been fabulous and amusing!  

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment