Friday, December 27, 2013

I'm a stalker...

I think I have a new addiction. Personal finance blogs. It's comforting knowing other people are experiencing the same things I am... and I don't feel so alone. I see the success people are having, and it makes me want to work harder to achieve my own goals. I think my personal favorite blog is Girl Meets Debt. I love love love reading her stories and seeing how far she has come. I also really like Michelle's Finance Journal because she not only blogs about her finances, but also her yearly goals and all kinds of life posts. That's kinda what my blogs are about.... a little about my finance journey, a little about my weight loss, and a mix of other stuff.

I can't believe this year is over. It really seems like just yesterday I was saying the same about 2012. Man, my mom was sure right when she told me life flies by after you turn 21. I guess you spend all your childhood waiting for certain dates, and it seems like it takes forever. I remember saying I couldn't wait to be 16. It took forever! Then, I couldn't wait to be 18. That year was the year I decided to run away to Georgia to be with the love of my life. I was almost 19, but I spent most of 18 in a terrible relationship with someone way too old for me, and saving money once me and Daniel reconnected. I couldn't wait to be with him. Those months took forever. Looking back, it happened rather quickly. I never got excited to be 21 though, by this time Daniel and I were expecting out first child, and I was breastfeeding on my 21st birthday. I couldn't think of anything I wanted more. I have spent the rest of my 20's with the man I met when I was 14, the one I knew I would marry. We got married in 2007 while I was 22, and I started nursing school that year as well. We bought our first house at 25, and had our second (and last) child 3 days after I turned 28. My 20's have honestly been a blast. I have learned so much from my mistakes and grown from them. My marriage is stronger than ever. As much as I dread turning 30, I know in my heart the best is yet to come, and as long as I have Daniel and our 2 children, everything will be okay.
So far, I have to say my 20's have been the best years of my life. I lost a few friends, lost some family, but gained so much more.
Ok, enough of the moosh-moosh, on to another squashing matter. Weight. (teehee, squash... weight, see what I did there?!)
I didn't get to work out last night, as my energizer bunny son would not go to sleep. So I am forcing Daniel to work out with me tonight. I made myself stay off the scale today, I don't want to be discouraged if I didn't lose anything. I have been eating REALLY good and not drinking anything but water. Sometimes I use Crystal-Lite to flavor my water, but for the most part, its just plain old H2O. I can feel a difference, though. It's amazing how soda can make you feel bad without you even knowing. Prior to my water kick, I drank Dr. Pepper from the time I woke up, till the time I went to sleep. Being a nurse I should know better. I didn't realize how yucky I felt till now. I guess I have detoxed my body from soda, because now I am not as tired, I don't feel as bloated, and I just feel "better." I can't lie, I still crave the sugar from the soda, but I refuse to give in to temptation! I am hoping that by the end of my challenge, I don't crave sodas anymore. We will see how that goes!

SN: 11 days till I apply to the bridge. I can't wait!!! I have all of my things in a need little envelope waiting to be turned in. I am not sure what I will do once I turn everything in. I have had a countdown to the day we bridge going for months. I recently added a countdown until letters are mailed. After January 7, I guess I will do a countdown till letters, and a countdown till school starts. ha. Thats just me being hopeful that I get accepted. Who could turn down a person named Summer Blessing?!  Really? Only a heartless person!
Here's to 2014!!! My year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer! I'm so happy to hear I'm one of your favourite blogs to read! :) Good luck on your debt repayment journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg omg omg!!!! Thank you soooo much!! You just made my day!! I feel like a celebrity has graced my page! <3 <3

      Delete