Saturday, December 28, 2013

A little peeved..

I am a little peeved at my husband today. I got everything organized for our new year's budget, have a set area for all of my budgeting things, and my plan (btw, I have already crossed 2 things from my "plan.") I even showed him all the things, and told him money would be tight for awhile, and that he needed to clear all of his purchases with me. I told him I would leave him money in his personal account so he can buy his red bulls and pay for his game subscriptions.
Yesterday, he tells me he needs more whey protein. The one he gets is about 60 bucks. He is a health/fitness fanatic, so I told him we could order it when we get paid next, but that's it.

Here is where the story gets interesting. Last night, he left a whole giant cup of water by his computer ALONE with our 15 month old son. Needless to say, his gaming keyboard took a bath, and it no longer functions. The gaming keyboard cost about $150. Good thing is that we had just bought an extra "regular" keyboard for Jaida before Christmas. Her computer isn't hooked up yet, so it was not being used. He is now using it, but its not good enough. He started telling me that we needed to spend another $150 to buy a new gaming keyboard with the next check AND his whey protein. I told him with everything I have already agreed to pay, that would leave us $80 until we were paid again 2 weeks later. He was fine with that. Uhm... I'm not okay with that.
He was irresponsible in leaving his 16 oz cup of water beside his computer while leaving our son unsupervised. Our family should not have to suffer without money due to his neglect! I tried to reason with him, but he doesn't see my point. I gave him the option of getting one or the other and letting me budget for the other WHEN WE COULD AFFORD IT COMFORTABLY. He doesn't think this is fair. I say he should be okay with using the regular keyboard for one month, and letting me budget it into our list for next month. This month I am trying to pay off things that are past due. If he gets both the whey and the keyboard, which he is insisting, our family is left with $80 for 2 weeks. I agreed to buy his whey protein with our next check that is coming up. How is this not fair?

Do you think I am being to strict? I need input.

Gamers. Can't live with them. Can't live without em.


3 comments:

  1. Well first of all, your husband, as much as I love him, can be pretty childish. He needs to grow up and face the fact that he has two kids and bills. Having everything you want when you want it is for the fallowing persons:
    Single
    Childless
    Rich
    He is none of these... Sorry bro, being an adult sucks some times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'But when we continue to spend what we don't have, charge what we don't need, and borrow more than we can repay, then we must call the problem what it is: slavery." from deforest b. soaries

    ReplyDelete