Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays!!!!

I would just like to say, as much as I love the holidays, I am sooooo glad they are over. Well technically its still Christmas as we speak, but the presents have been opened, and our bellies have been stuffed. I actually did really good with eating today. I thought I would gorge myself like a stuffed pig, but I ate in moderation, and only had a few bites of cake. I made sure I took my Carb-Ease before eating, and boy did it work! I love that stuff. You take it directly before a carby meal, and it blocks carbs from being absorbed in your body, and you poop them out. Its fabulous.
My kids really enjoyed opening presents. My daughter has not put down her 3DS yet. My son was perfectly content unwrapping his presents and playing with the boxes. They really had a great day. I am so glad. I remember, before I became a nurse, there were times I worried I wouldn't be able to afford food, let alone presents. I am so glad my son came after nursing school, because there would be no way we could have afforded 2 kids at the time. Having him at 28 made a huge difference. We had Jaida right after we both turned 20, and we struggled. Plus, she taught us so much about being parents. We have so much more patience now. I feel as if I have the best 2 kids ever, but I am sure that is how every parent feels. I have so many dates to look forward to. First, I am so excited for next pay day so I can start my debt repayment journey. I can't really think of a time I have been excited to pay off debt. I have read so many personal finance blogs, read and reread my Dave Ramsey book and done so much research on the topic, I am freakin pumped to begin my journey. Secondly, I apply to the nursing bridge program in 13 days!!! I am excited for that day to get here, but anxious toward the fact once I turn in my application, I have to wait till March 14 to get my acceptance/denial letter. That is going to be the most horrible wait. At least I have my friends to endure it with me, as they are applying at the same time! We will just have to keep each other busy. I thought about getting a gym membership, then I remembered I was on a debt-free journey. Short term memory loss at its finest.
Today was the 3rd day of my 24 day challenge. I don't feel like I have made much progress yet. By the 3rd day of my first challenge, I had lost 4 lbs. I don't think I've lost but 2 so far. I think I need to step up my game. I did work out yesterday with my hubbs. We did shoulders and arms. I was hoping to work out again today, but he ate himself into a food coma. Maybe he will wake up in a little while, and we can work out a little more. Every little bit counts, right?
I think I am going to get off here for a bit and clean up my living room. It looks like a tornado threw up in there.
Until next time!
SN: if anyone is on a diet, and struggles with eating carby type meals/snacks, Carb-Ease is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment