Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013!

Today is the last day of 2013. I still can't believe I am saying that. It seriously feels like JUST YESTERDAY I was kissing 2012 goodbye and welcoming 2013. Time really does fly!
I have been reading every one's New Year's Resolutions on Facebook (cause I am a fb junkie) and lots of people are resoluting (hehehehehe) to lose weight or work out. I haven't seen anybody wanting to better their financial situations. I have seen posts about people resolving (I think its resolving.. I know for sure its not resoluting!... darn tootin. Sorry, I had to.) to spend more time with family and make more time for friends. I personally think I will also do this. I realize the last year and a half, I have pushed many people away due to my depression, I have lost happy moments with people due to my jealousy of their uterus, and lost so many people I had in my life at the beginning of this year. I want to change that. So, here are the things I plan to do in 2014:

Aside from my financial goals, which I will include at the end, I wish to accomplish this in 2014:

  • I want to work out at least 3 times a week.
  • I will stick to my dieting to be at least 30lbs down by my birthday party in September.
  • TRY to meal plan. I said try. I tried once before, that stuff is overwhelming.
  • I will make more time for family and friends.
  • I will get into nursing school to further my education.
  • I want to get Jaida completely caught up in home-schooling. 
  • Go on dates with my husband. We haven't done that in a LONG time.
  • Take my kids on more vacations. And by more, I mean at least one. We haven't had a family vacation together since long before the baby was born. I'm talking 2011 was our last. 
Financial goals for 2014:
  • Stay caught up. Actually, I'd like to be 1 payment ahead on my home and car at all times.
  • Pay off my HOA. 
  • Pay off all the credit cards we own. 
  • Pay off my 2 loans. They are awful. 
  • Get my pool paid off! 
  • By the end of the year, all I want to pay for is my mortgage, my car and my silly joke College Network loan. I don't really WANT to pay that last one, but I have to. 
  • Have at least $10,000 in savings. 
I hope this remains easy! By the end of 2014, I hope to have all these things checked off. I am a human though, so I am sure to stumble along the way. 
Here's to being better today that I was yesterday! Happy New Years everyone!!! 2014 is about change. I am making 2014 MY year, what are some of y'alls goals?!


No comments:

Post a Comment