Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welcoming Baby Blessing #2!

I know its been awhile since I last posted, but a lot has been going on. I feel like my world got better AND flipped upside down at the same time. It has taken me awhile to accept these terms, and realize I can handle it. So here I am. Back and better than ever!

On January 15, I got some surprising news! My day started off semi normal, but I had no period.. which was off, because I ALWAYS woke up to one. I truly didn't think anything of it, so I packed a tampon in my bag and went to work. After a few hours of peeing, but no period, I got a little worried and peed on a pregnancy test JUST to rest my mind. This has happened a hundred times. I pee, its negative, I go about my day. However, it started out negative, and as the 3 minute mark approached.... there it was. A big fat positive. Not what I expected. So I took 5 more. All positive. So, from that day forward, I have officially become a preggo. Again.  Which is somewhat scary to me since my miscarriage.



You may be wondering why I have had mixed feelings about this. To be honest, I never felt like I would be good with more than one child. I love Jaida so much, I feel like I won't love this baby as much as I love her. It probably sounds really stupid, but I just dont know. I have just always been perfectly content with Jaida. AND I remember how she was as a baby. I never thought I would sleep again.

I can say, though, that Jaida has been absolutely amazing. She had been "wishing on stars" for weeks to get a baby sister. She is lonely. She really does need someone to play with. She will make an excellent big sister. She asks me everyday what the baby is doing or how she is growing. We use a website that tells "sorta" day by day, and last week the babies kidneys were developing, and she wouldn't let me have a sip of her soda. haha  She always makes me eat healthy for the baby and lets me nap alot... which, believe me, is a new development.

Anyway, I went to my first OB visit and saw a Nurse Practitioner. She did an ultrasound and we saw the heartbeat. It was amazing. She also said since she saw the heartbeat, my chance of miscarriage went from 50% to 10%. We determined based on size, that I was 6 weeks 0 days at the time. According to my last period, I was 6 days ahead of schedule. So, that day, I went from being 6 weeks 6 days to 6 weeks exactly. I was kinda disappointed at first, but I found out that one of my best friends was ALSO pregnant, and she is just a week behind me. So, it was kinda cool to lose 6 days. This way, her and I can go thru this together... even if she is half a billion miles away from me.

Today, I am 6 weeks and 6 days... but, I have a doctors apt in the morning. I hope they don't change my due date again. Original date was Sep 20, then after the u/s, I went to Sep 26. Seeing as how I am a September baby, I would like to have this one SOMETIME in September.







Anyway, I'm gonna get off here for now. I need to lay down a bit. I will update you when I find out more stuff tomorrow!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. If she holds off a little further we can share a birthday! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete