Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A little more specific.

I love watching my son grow. Well, sometimes I love it. I'm actually still really sad that he is my last one and he is growing up so stinkin fast. I was sitting in class today thinking about how old Jaida was when I went to nursing school the FIRST time. It seems so long ago!! She was 2. Same age as my son. I felt like I neglected her so much that year. Yet, here I am doing the same thing to my baby boy.
The differences between them are ASTOUNDING!
I told my son today, "Bugs, go get some shoes on so we can go pick up sissy from school."  He literally went and put on SOME shoes. His sisters. Concrete thinker!

I can't wait to spend more time with my kids!! The photographer in me will have pictures GALORE when I have school finished this time. I took TONS of pics of Jade when she was smaller, I am not getting to do that as much with my son. I feel like a bad mother! Hopefully once I graduate and am able to get my kids into more activities and spend more time with them, it will make up for this year I am lacking. 

This has got me thinking of when I went to school the first time. Jaida has always been so mature! She use to want to do everything I was doing. If I studied, she studied. I have proof:
She would do "school work" on her laptop and take notes just like I did.  (See my huge pile of books?!)

She drew "dead bodies." 

Silly nerd girl :)   I love her.

My son on the other hand doesn't even like to pretend to study. He is 90 to nothing ALL DAY EVERYDAY! It's nearly impossible to study around him. However, he has started taking an interest in doing "homework" with sissy.. and by doing homework, I mean drawing on her actual homework with markers.. or having her chase him for her homework, then he does mean things to it, like put it in the toilet. 
Ahhhh... the joys of boys!

I wish we could go back to my Jaida-bug being that little! She was so dang cute! Not saying she isn't cute now, but now her cuteness comes with attitude. She's 9 going on 20. Im serious! 

She tells me things now like, "You "totes" don't understand MY generation.." or when someone texts her saying LOL, she feels the need to explain that it means "laugh out loud," as people who are MY age clearly have no idea what txt talk is. 

Daniel and I were talking about remembering when they launched Google. She was literally disgusted. She said, and I quote, "Oh my God, you're not serious? Ya'll are OLDER than GOOGLE?!"    ....as if Google was the oldest thing ever. 

Little baby Jaida didn't act like that. She thought I knew everything!

I'll never forget sending her to my bestie-boo Launa's house for the day. Launa is now a nurse, and can "totes" understand medical jargon.. but back then, she didn't really know med talk. Anyway, Jaida and Savannah (her bff) are playing, and Jaida runs to Launa to tell her, "I think I scratched my cornea!!!" Launa freaks and says, "Oh my Gosh!!!! Whats a cornea?! Do I need to call your mom?!"   ...hilarious!!!!

Having a "nurse" daughter is pretty fun. She doesnt get afraid of procedures (i.e. stitches on her chin due to taping plastic play dishes to her feet and trying to "iceskate.")  Or... getting shots, MRI's, staples.. none of this scares her. She is also pretty good at fixing up her friends and family who get hurt or need first aid. I am pretty proud of that. She's a pretty awesome kid. 
Although, when you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she will tell you she is going to attend UGA and be a waitress while in school... but she is undecided on what to go to school for. 

Now that I am feeling all nostalgic, here are some throwback pics of me from nursing school the first time... a LONG time ago. 2007-2008. 






Which one am I? 

Can't wait till we are taking these pictures again!! Only this time I'll be wearing green! I think I need to start taking more pics of classmates and random things to help me remember. Plus, because I am so ancient (as Jade likes to say) cameras now a days are WAY better than they were back then!! 

Anyway, I'm gonna get to studying Pedi. I have a pretty big test tomorrow! 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment